If it relates to writing, editing or publishing, there’s a good chance we can help — and not just with books. Submissions and tenders are a form of publishing, and so are websites and brochures. We can help you make your imprint on the world.
We are based in Brisbane, Australia with clients around the world. We can work alongside you if you’re local, or communicate via email, phone or Skype.
Our services are professional, comprehensive and of a very high standard. They are tailored to each project, and each client’s situation.
Book Publishing Support Services
We work primarily with non-fiction, especially self-help books that are part of a business plan, and significant memoir. We can also assist novelists, or potentially direct you to other services if it is a faster, budget service you are seeking.
If you are an author, we can help you with:
- developmental review of your manuscript — a comprehensive assessment of its strengths, weaknesses and possibilities, including detailed and practical recommendations for how to proceed
- substantive editing of your manuscript, including the structure of the book and how effectively it argues its central thesis
- copy editing of your manuscript — style, grammar, flow, spelling
- assistance with the process of approaching trade publishers
- assistance with the self-publishing process, if you choose that path, including layout and design, printing, setup of relationships with print on demand services and ebook sellers.
If you are a publisher, we can help you with:
- substantive editing
- copy editing
- layout and design.
Business Writing and Editing Services
- industry magazine advertorials
- conference displays
- bids, proposals and submissions
We work in the following industries:
- general business
Free Writing, Editing and Publishing Tips
This site is packed with a growing collection of free writing tips, whether you are writing a submission, a novel, a memoir or a speech. It also provides free resources for self publishing, whether you are publishing a book to promote your business, or even self publishing a novel.
We will be adding more and more free resources over coming months, so keep checking back, or sign up for our email list.
To ensure parity across the industry and best value for you, we base our fees for writing and editing on those approved by both the Media, Entertainment and Arts Alliance and the Society of Authors for “book editors and proofreaders”. Estimates can be provided according to the size and complexity of your project.
The current rates can be downloaded from http://www.alliance.org.au/media-summaries (scroll down to Freelance Rates)
Fees for graphic design and typesetting are generally lower than those for writing and editing, and are negotiated according to the size and complexity of the project.
Special deals are available for Not for Profit organisations.