Good writing will help your business operate effectively and stand out from the competition.
The key to good business writing is communication. If you are good at writing, you can learn to do it better. If you feel uncomfortable with the written word, you can learn to become an effective writer.
Every business needs writing, no matter what your industry, for many applications, including:
- correspondence with clients
- liaison with regulatory authorities, including filling in forms
- advertising and advertorials
- marketing collateral such as brochures and conference displays
- grant applications
- submissions, tenders, estimates and quotes
- intranet articles
- staff updates
- product manuals and instructions.
Spelling and grammar are important to clarity, of course, but they are not the most important elements. Don’t let the grammar gremlins terrify you. The heart of effective business writing is content and meaning – the message you are trying to convey.
Leave a Reply