I’m Belinda Pollard, and I help people change the world, one word at a time.
Welcome! Thanks for visiting from LinkedIn.
You’re busy, so let’s keep this brief.
I’m a publishing consultant, author, speaker, coach and blogger.
I manage a crack team of freelancers who turn “good” books into excellent, influential books of enduring significance that change people’s lives — the lives of both the writer and their readers.
What do YOU need?
- Written a book and it needs polishing? I’ve got decades of editing experience on books that have sold many thousands of copies and won Australian and international awards. Could yours be next? Learn more on my About page.
- Got a manuscript that isn’t quite working? Let me help you get Read, Recommended and Remembered. Check out my Coaching page.
- Writing a memoir or personal story? Check out writeyourlifenow.com.
- Looking for actually useful advice on writing and publishing? Go to my About page and scroll down to START HERE.
- Trying to decide whether to go indie or traditional? Download my free ebook: Should I self-publish? (The answer is different for everyone.)
- Are you a Christian author writing for the mainstream market? Check out the brand new online community at gracewriters.com.
Organising an event — need a speaker?
- I deliver practical, inspirational writing workshops that can be condensed into a timeslot as short as one hour, or fill a whole day with fun, interactive learning.
- I speak to both small and large audiences, of all ages.
- I present keynote speeches on inspirational themes for a variety of events.
- Learn more on my Speaking page.
Want something to read?
- What about mystery/thrillers set in wild locations in Australia and New Zealand? Check out Poison Bay, the first in my Wild Crimes series, also soon to be released in German. Book 2, Venom Reef, is due 2017.
- Love dogs? Check out my light memoir Dogged Optimism: Lessons in Joy from a Disaster-Prone Dog.
- Enjoy personal stories about the beauty of Creation and the ups and downs of Real Life? Visit belindapollard.com.
Poison Bay: Wild Crimes #1
When the wilderness is not your only enemy, who do you trust?
A tale of old secrets and survival against the elements set in majestic Fiordland National Park, New Zealand.
Winner: Varuna Publisher Fellowship, IPPY Silver Medal
Coming soon: Verschollen in der Poison Bay (Deutsch)
Coming 2017: Venom Reef: Wild Crimes #2. The ocean gives, and the ocean takes. On a remote and beautiful tropical island on Queensland’s Great Barrier Reef, danger erupts when scientific research collides with terrorism and greed.
Dogged Optimism: Lessons in Joy from a Disaster-Prone Dog
The story of the dog of my heart, a chaotic terrier named Killarney, and how she changed my view of the world with her unstoppable eagerness for life.
Winner: Bronze, Foreword Reviews awards; Finalist, Next Gen Indie Awards
My website collection…
- smallbluedog.com – writing, publishing and self-publishing tips, for authors and aspiring writers.
- belindapollard.com – my books and personal thoughts about real life on this beautiful planet of ours.
- writeyourlifenow.com – specifically about writing memoir that makes a difference, including personal stories and self-help that includes talking about your life and experiences.
- GraceWriters.com – for Christians writing for the mainstream market.
Connect with me
Talk to me!
Leave me a comment below, or send me an email and tell me your greatest fear in publishing. You never know, I might tell you some of my own!